When Christmas bells ring you can hear the giggles and laughter of kids all around and witness the mood of festivity in the air. Like any other festival, Christmas is also not complete without gifts. Kids in particular look forward to Christmas for receiving gifts from their loved ones.
Here we have a list of a few brilliant gift ideas for kids on Christmas this season. Your kids will be thrilled to have them.
Combining kids’ favourite eatable with a Christmas themed container can be a creatively sweet idea for your kid this Christmas.
As everyone loves sweets, these candy jar snowmen will never fail to be one of your kid’s favourite gift this season. These snowmen jars can be easily made with this DIY project.
Things Required: round glass jars, glue, chart paper, a piece of fabric, a permanent/colour-stay marker, scissors and candies/cookies.
Steps to make:
- Take 3 glass jars and fill them up with candies or cookies of your choice
- Place them on top of each other. Now glue the lids of the bottom most jar to the base of the middle jar. Also glue the lid of the middle jar to the base of the top most jar
- Cut a cardboard/chart paper and arrange it around the top most jar lid to make it look like a hat
- Cut a piece of long rectangular fabric and make a knot (as in the image above) around the lid of the middle jar
- Make eyes nose and buttons on the jars with the help of permanent markers and your snowmen are complete
Make your child feel special this Christmas with these homemade superhero capes.
Felt, Hot glue or spray glue, Velcro.
How to Make:
- Fold your felt in half and cut it in shape according to the height of your child
- Now open up the cut out felt and attach Velcro to the neck side. You can use the stick-on Velcro or even stich it up if you want.
- Decorate the back of the cape with themed cut-outs with the help of hot glue. You can attach cut-outs related to superman, spider man or any other theme of your choice.
Who doesn’t love to play with Lego? Lego can be a perfect gift for your kid as it is both fun and educational at the same time. You can create a perfect Christmas themed gift with Lego. All you need to do is to buy Lego for your child, make up Santa Claus with this Lego, place it in a glass/plastic box and wrap it along with the full Lego box.
Candy necklaces are fun to make and can be a perfect gift for kids. Especially if you are on a budget this Christmas these necklaces will prove to be easy on your pocket and simple in making. Things Required:
Candy with Holes (centre hollow candies) and Elastic Cord
How to make:
- Thread the candies onto the elastic cord.
- Make random patterns with different types of candies.
- Tie the elastic cord into place. Enjoy!
What joy it brings to see small girls with their sewing kits, sewing something and chit chatting like elderly people. This Christmas, give a unique gift to your little girl: an interesting Christmas themed sewing kit and frame.
All you need to do it to gather threads of red, white and green colours, sewing frame, needle, white fabric, fabric chalk/pen to draw, a small box covered in fabric and supplies for sewing box.
How to make:
- Pass the cloth into the frame and safely secure it
- Draw on the cloth with fabric pen or chalk on the fabric inside the frame (preferably Santa Claus or anything related to Christmas theme)
- Fill in the drawing with colourful thread and cut out the extra thread. Your frame is ready to be presented like this. You can even fill half of the drawing and leave the rest for the girl to finish.
- Now arrange the supplies for sewing box in a small box (covered with cloth) which can be conveniently used as a sewing box.
- Nicely wrap up the sewing box and sewing frame in a beautiful paper and make the little girls feel special.
Sweets and unhealthy foods are all around your kids when its Christmas season but, like every concerned parent, you would want your child to eat healthy while also having lots of fun. This DIY fruit bouquet will be an excellent gift option in this case.
What you need:
A cute pot, cookie cutters (ideally flower shaped), a melon baller, wooden skewers, fruits (pineapples, papaya, melons, strawberries and grapes) and a cabbage head.
How to make:
- Place cabbage in the bottom of the pot
- Cut out your fruit with the help of cookie cutter.
- Use the melon baller to scoop out the centres for the flowers
- Start arranging the skewers securely inside the cabbage head
- Thread some of the fruit on these inserted skewers.
- Thread the remaining fruit onto the skewers, and keep adding more until you’ve filled out the space.
Oh by the way one more thing which you can offer as a gift is a family photograph to hang in your kid’s room. This might actually be a grown up gift but photographs are always lovely to have. I actually saw these amazing canvas display ideas so just wanted to share these. You can have a look at these to take some excellent wall display ideas.